Wednesday, November 17, 2010

14 Weeks--The 1st Trimester Symptoms Should Be Gone

 BabyFruit Ticker


Well, I was really hoping (though I knew it was just wishful thinking) that the first trimester symptoms would be gone after I left the first trimester. Well, boo, they're still here and now I have the wonderful addition of the second trimester symptoms (headaches/dizziness). BUT! I once heard that focusing on the positives makes the negatives not seem so bad so...


Things I Love About Being Pregnant:
  • Keeping a pregnancy journal. Since I can't remember anything, I'm really loving going back and looking at specific days, and seeing just what I did that day. I'm hoping *Little Willie will love reading it when he/she is old enough.
  • Ultrasounds. Going to ultrasounds is fun, but they are great milestones too. Our next one is scheduled on Dec 20. It's nice to countdown to those instead of the due date. Right now.. making it 32 days seems doable,  making it 182 days does not! :)
  • Early to bed. Not only is it not awkward for me to go to bed at 9:00PM, it's actually recommended!
  • Pregnancy websites/Belly Buddies! I feel like a part of a community when I get on the May 2011 Mommies message boards, and I love e-mails from my Belly Buddy, Katherine!
  • Having friends that are pregnant. It's really nice to have people who understand what's it's like. My friends who are due before me are able to give me advice and comfort and it's nice to give comfort and advice to those due after me^. (^WARNING: I have no idea what I'm talking about!)
  • 
    
  • Gender prediction tests...I cannot help myself!  I absolutely want to know the gender and the wait is killing me. While I can be about 100% sure these tests are scams, I am now about 50% sure I'm having a girl... :)
  • Sweat pants in public! I am a ver self-conscious person. After hearing a million jokes about girls and sweat pants in college, I made it a personal rule to never wear sweat pants in public. Now that I'm pregnant, that rule no longer exists.
  • Eating everything in sight. Right now the thought of food makes me gag. BUT I'm almost positive that in a few weeks (maybe days!) I'll be able to eat whatever I want, no questions asked! I'm roughly 7lbs behind on this whole weight gain thing and I'm eager to make up lost time!
  • LITTLE WILLIE. Lest I forget, there is a living, breathing, amazing little baby in my belly. It felt so real as we were watching baby on the monitor in the ultrasound! And luckily I have pictures and video of my little nugget to remind me daily of the miracle that I'm a part of, the miracle that is growing inside of me!
  • Belly bump! It's gets a little bigger everyday! Although in the fight between looking fat and looking pregnant, Dan's response is, "Well, you definitely don't look pregnant."
  • 


*Little Willie. It's kind of the perfect thing to call baby right now!
Picture #1: Me wearing sweats at my ultrasound.
Picture #2: Gendermaker test says girl!
Picture #3: Is it wrong to call it a picture of my belly bump if there's no actual bump? That was me at 11 weeks. And I am still about the same size.

2 comments:

  1. !!!!!! I'm so excited to see you get bigger!!!!!! I LOVE BABY BUMPS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was getting bigger... I'm pretty sure I'm just bloated right now!

    ReplyDelete