Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sick and Tired

Sick and Tired: that about sums it up. People keep asking me how I'm feeling, and isn't the right response either "fine" or "great" or "I'm so excited!"? Somehow, even though women have been experience fatigue and morning sickness and bloating and soreness and grossness with pregnancy since Eve ate the apple, we're still suppose to pretend like we're feeling absolutely fabulous? Well, I'm too tired from staying up for two hours dry heaving (it's not as bad as vomiting, but holy cow, it's definitely not as satisfying) to pretend like this is the happiest time of my life. Which finding out you're pregnant is way more exciting that actually being pregnant! I wish I could fast forward to Dec 17ish and find out the gender, enjoy the energy of the second trimester, and when the third trimester uncomfortableness sets in, I would like to fast forward again to baby's birthday! That's not terrible of me, right? Doesn't every mom sort of wish these things, but then after the fact, she realizes that it was all worth it and she wouldn't change a thing?

1 comment:

  1. It's not terrible, Lydia!!! I remember thinking the same thing. I really hated being pregnant and I felt bad about saying it out loud. But it really is worth it when you hold your baby in your arms for the first time!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete